Veggie Pie with Coco-Nut Sauce
Recipe: Serves 6
1 clove of garlic
1 cup pumpkin
1 cup mushrooms
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp rosemary
1/3 cup brown rice flour (or other gluten free flour)
1 ½ cups of veggie broth
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups Coco-Nut Mylk
1 cup frozen peas
2-4 sheets of Vegan Flaky Puff Pastry (you can find this at New World & Countdown)
Dash of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large pot. Once hot, add the onion and cook until it begins to caramelize – about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the garlic, cube the pumpkin, chop the mushrooms and add to the pot. You may need to add another dash of oil.
- Add thyme and rosemary and stir them in, cooking for a few minutes until the herbs become fragrant.
- Add the flour, stirring until all the veggies are coated.
- Pour in the veggie both, Coco-Nut Mylk and apple cider vinegar, bring to a low boil and then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and the pumpkin to cook.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll your pastry out and cut it bigger than the size of your oven proof dish so that it will run up the sides.
- Coat the dish with olive oil and then place the sheet of pastry into it.
- Add the vegetable filling and add another sheet of pastry on top.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme.
- Place the pot pie in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.