Plant based Lasange with Nutty Oat Sauce
Recipe: Serves 8
250g pack of tempeh AND/OR 1 x 200g tin of lentils OR minced beef
1 cup of mushrooms
1 jar lasagne or marinara sauce
1 tin of crushed tomatoes
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
2 cups of Nutty Oat Mylk
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
Sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of paprika (optional)
Vegan Parmesan to top (optional)
Basil to garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to bake at 180 degrees.
- Finely dice onion. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large pan until hot, add onion and cook until it becomes clear.
- Add your tempeh and/or lentils or minced beef.
- Add marinara sauce and tomatoes. Give everything a good stir, and reduce the heat to low. Leave to simmer while you make the white sauce but keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the olive oil to a pot on the stove and heat it at medium.
- Once the oil is hot, add the flour and stir. Slowly stir in your Nutty Oat Mylk, a little at a time, it will thicken quickly.
Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to taste and a sprinkle of paprika.
Time to assemble your lasagne! Use an oven safe dish. To keep things simple I like to make three layers using a third of the red sauce, pasta and white sauce each time, but you can distribute it however you like.
Add a layer of red sauce and spread it evenly across the base of the dish. Cover with your pasta sheets and top with a layer of white sauce.
- Repeat three times or until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Optional: Top with a sprinkle of vegan (or regular) parmesan cheese.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the edges are looking golden. You shouldn’t need to cover it but if the top is becoming too crispy, you can cover with tin foil.
- Allow it to cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with more vegan parmesan and garnish with basil leaves.
We LOVE seeing your creations! If you have made this yourself, please tag us on Instagram @mylk.made so we can share it with our online community.