Hemp, Roasted Garlic & Avocado Fettuccine
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 bulb garlic – roasted
2 small ripe avocados – peeled and stoned
2 tbsp Hearty Hemp Mylk Base
500ml vegetable stock - warm
Lemon and Parsley Crumb
Drizzle of oil + 1 knob butter
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (panko works best)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 lemon, zest only
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
Pinch of chilli flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180. Slice the top off your garlic, exposing just the top of the cloves, drizzle with oil, wrap in foil and roast until tender – about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Lemon & Parsley Crumb:
2. In a non-stick fry pan, heat the butter and oil. When bubbling, sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and add the garlic. Sauté, moving around the pan until golden and almost crispy. Remove from the heat add the zest, parsley and chilli flakes, mix gently. Pop aside until ready to serve.
3. Cook your pasta as directed on the packet, remember to season the water. Keep 100ml of the cooking water. Drain and keep warm.
4. In a blender or Nutribullet, squeeze in the soft roasted garlic (chuck the skins), the avocadoes, Hearty Hemp mylk base and pour in the stock. Blend until you have a smooth, creamy sauce. If it’s a little thick, add some of the pasta water until you have the consistency of your dreams.
5. Taste and season. Combine with the hot pasta.
Serve: sprinkled with the gorgeous crumb and some shaved parmesan.
Jax Says: this is a fabulous way to use ripe avocados and is a wonderful vegan alternative too. If you do have meat eaters in the family, some cooked chicken, crispy bacon or feta cheese are a wonderful way to amp up the carnivores.