Jackfruit Tacos with Hearty Hemp Aioli
Recipe: 6 Tacos
Hearty Hemp Aioli
Pulled Jackfruit (or alternate for any other protein source)
1 x packet of premade pulled jackfruit
OR if you’d like to make from scratch:
- 1 can of young green jackfruit in water
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of BBQ sauce
- ½ cup water
Soft taco shells (corn or flour)
Pickled Red Onions:
- 2 red onions
- ¼ white vinegar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey (or vegan honey)
- 1 tsp salt
Fresh or canned Corn
- Make your aioli; in a food processor, blend 1 cup of Hearty Hemp Mylk with an extra tbsp of Hearty Hemp Mylk Base, cashews, lime juice, white vinegar, cumin, chilli, garlic and sea salt until smooth. Pour into a jar, this will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Pickle your onions; combine white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt in a pot and heat until it starts to simmer. Pour into glass jar or Tupperware, add your sliced onions and leave it to pickle for at least 30 minutes. Leave in the brine and they will store for up to a week in the fridge.
- Now prepare your jackfruit, to save time you can buy this premade and seasoned from your local supermarket or if you’d prefer, you can make it from scratch (see instruction #5)
- If premade, heat up according to packet instructions.
- If making from scratch, drain jackfruit and using a fork, flake it into a bowl. Cover with seasoning but leave the BBQ sauce and water aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add coated jackfruit. Add BBQ sauce and ½ cup of water, let it simmer until sauce has been absorbed or evaporated.
- Place tacos in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm them. You can warm them in the oven too.
- Place toppings on your tacos, add pulled jackfruit, drizzle with Hearty Hemp Aioli and sprinkle with hemp seeds.