Vegan Chocolate & Rich Hazelnut Cake
1½ cups Mylk Made Rich Hazelnut Mylk
1 tsp vinegar (white or apple cider)
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 cup plain flour (or for a Gluten Free alternative, use ½ cup GF flour & ½ cup ground almonds)
⅓ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
200ml coconut cream
150g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cake tin with baking paper (1x22cm or 2x15cm tins).
- Make Hazelnut Mylk as per label instructions and then add vinegar, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the Hazelnut Mylk mixture, oil and sugar and whisk together to combine.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk together. Transfer to prepared tin.
- For a 22cm tin, bake for 35-45 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean. For a 15cm tin, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache. Place coconut cream and chocolate in a small pot on low heat and whisk continuously until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge until needed.
- Once cake has baked, allow to cool completely before decorating. Use a spoon to swirl the ganache onto the cake and finish with some chopped hazelnuts.