Vegan Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas
1 Tbsp Mylk Made Coco-Nut Mylk Base
¼ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut or rice bran oil (or other neutral oil)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 ¾ cup plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown or raw sugar
2 Tbsp sliced almonds or other chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line all sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add Coco-Nut Mylk Base, water, baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar and enjoy the scientific bubbly reaction! Whisk until combined, then add all the remaining loaf ingredients and stir until the flour is incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin. Sprinkle with sugar and nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.