Dairy Free Peanut, Cashew & Cacao Fudgey Bars
Makes: 6-8 Bars
- Ideally you want to always soak raw cashews in water over night, if you forgot/don’t have time, boil water and use it to cover the cashews for 5 minutes
- Line a bread tin or long, thin baking tray with baking paper
- Prepare your Almond/Coconut Barista Mylk and then blend in a food processor the cashews, Mylk, cocoa powder or ceremonial Cacao Drops, coconut sugar and vanilla. It’s going to be thick and you may need to pause and scrape down the sides
- Pour into your baking tray. Add dollops of peanut butter and then using a knife or tooth pick, swirl the peanut butter through the cashew mix
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight
- When your bars are ready, prepare the chocolate shell. Melt chocolate over a very low temperature with coconut oil. Stir constantly to avoid burning the chocolate. If your stove can’t do low temps, you can double boil it or melt it in the microwave.
When your chocolate shell is ready, cut the frozen base into bars and (if you have one) line them on a cooling rack. Generously coat the bars in chocolate. Sprinkle with coconut flakes or sea salt chunks. Store in the freezer (if they last that long)!
You can store in the freezer and take out 5 mins before serving.