Easy Vegan Doughnuts with Lavender Mylk
1 very ripe banana
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Creamy Lavender Mylk Base
Rice bran oil or canola oil for frying
Icing sugar for serving
- In a large bowl, mash banana until smooth. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, Lavender Mylk Base and water and use a fork to combine, until it comes together (it will be a very wet dough). Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat at least 5cm of oil in a small pot on low-medium heat, test it is ready by dipping the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick in it, the oil should make small bubbles around the wood.
- Once the oil is hot, make a test doughnut. Use two teaspoons to scoop and push the batter into the hot oil (be very careful!) and cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook a further 2 minutes. Check that the doughnut is cooked all the way through. If it's not cooked but dark on the outside, reduce the temperature and cook a little longer.
- Continue with the remaining batter, cooking 4-5 doughnuts at a time. Place cooked doughnuts onto a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Dust doughnuts with icing sugar and serve immediately.
We LOVE seeing your creations! If you have made this yourself, please tag us on Instagram @mylk.made so we can share it with our online community.