Apple Cinnamon Muffins
3 apples, diced 1cm
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp Absolute Almond Mylk Base
¾ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup coconut or rice bran oil (or other neutral oil)
¾ cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 ¾ cup plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
2 Tbsp caster sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Dice apples 1cm and place in a small pot with first measure of water. Cook on low for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Absolute Almond Mylk Base with second measure of water. Stir in baking powder, baking soda and apple cider vinegar.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, along with cooked apples and use a spatula to gently fold the mixture together. Do not over-mix or you will end up with a chewy muffin!
- Transfer mixture to prepared tin and bake for about 20 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and once muffins have cooked, sprinkle this on top immediately.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!
We LOVE seeing your creations! If you have made this yourself, please tag us on Instagram @mylk.made so we can share it with our online community.